Y's Retired of UK
Association of Professional Staff of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
SADLY, THE MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATION FOR PROFESSIONAL STAFF OF THE YMCA
ENTITLED APS CEASED TO EXIST AS FROM 2018
The business of the Association was run by a voluntary group of APS members who were elected by the membership at the Annual Business Meeting. The Officers of a President, Vice President, Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Secretary and up to 9 committee members generally met 4 times per year to progress the association’s objectives. They reported to the membership at the Annual Business meeting, by email, Y's Talk and direct mailings as appropriate.
- Staff are eligible for membership of the YMCA Association of professional staff if they;
- Are employed by the YMCA or seconded to the YMCA working a minimum of three hours per week in a paid position or who are students pursuing a course of study and who intend to seek employment within the YMCA as a staff person on completion of their course.
- Accept the Aims and Purposes of the YMCA.(You should also refer to the current mission statements of your local association and relevant National Council)
- Desire to unite in association with colleagues who work as professional staff members in the YMCA of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Are committed to the objectives of the APS as laid out in the Associations Constitution
- Hold a current membership either individual or through your employing association corporate subscription
- Retain their membership of the Association only so long as their fees have been fully paid and they continue in employment as professional staff of the YMCA.
- On retirement from YMCA employment, shall be entitled to remain as Honorary Members of the Association but shall not be eligible to vote or hold office.
To find out more current news about the APS click here
Welcome especially to those who have given service to the YMCA, in whatever capacity.